Sunday, March 6, 2011

Surprise!

The other day I stumbled upon these Will Ryman floral sculptures. I couldn't understand why no one else was startled by them. That's because they've been up since January! So it was just the tourists and me gawking at these amusing, oversize pieces. I'm a winter baby and roses, especially pink ones, aren't my thing, but I was thrilled to catch a glimpse of irreverence on the Upper East Side. The works, which include giant stalks and strewn flower petals stretching between 57th and 67th Streets, will occupy the median until May.









1 comment:

  1. Like yourself, roses just isn't a flower I very much care for or ever think to buy. But after seeing the sculptures in their larger then life appearance, so casually growing from the streets on park av, I think the artist achieved to get the no rose fans like ourselves to at least now see her as yet another great detail of natures ultimate perfection.

    ReplyDelete